You can record what’s happening on your laptop screen into a video using the helpful feature of screen recording. It may be used for many things, such as making instructional and recording video calls. How to screen record on a Lenovo laptop might be something you’re interested in learning. We’ll go through the procedure in great detail in this article so you can start using this helpful function.
There are a few items you should make sure you have before we begin. Make sure your Lenovo laptop has a built-in microphone or that a separate microphone is attached to your computer before continuing. Additionally, you’ll need a webcam or another video-recording device, such as a smartphone.
Built-In Screen Recording on Lenovo Laptops
A convenient screen recording capability is integrated into many Lenovo laptops. The majority of more recent Lenovo laptops running Windows 10 come with this capability, which goes by the name of Lenovo Vantage. The steps to using it are as follows:
- Start the Lenovo Vantage application. Alternatively, you can click the Lenovo Vantage icon in the system tray or do a search for it in the Start menu.
- Select “Device” from the tabs.
- From the selection, choose “Displays & Cameras“.
- Find and select the “Screen Recording” option.
- You can now change the recording options to your preference. You have the option to use your webcam, record sounds from your microphone, and other options.
- Click “Start” when you are ready to begin recording.
- Click the “Stop” button to halt the recording.
You may locate your screen capture in the location you specified when you first started recording it as a video file.
Using Third-Party Screen Recording Software
Use third-party screen recording software if your Lenovo laptop doesn’t have the Lenovo Vantage app or if you’re seeking more sophisticated functionality. There are many choices, but a few of the most well-liked ones are as follows:
- OBS Studio
To determine which program is best for you, do your homework on the various features and possibilities each of these programs offers. In general, you’ll want to seek a program that’s straightforward to use, has a high-quality recording process, and allows you to export your recordings in the format you require.
A helpful tool that may be used for a number of things is screen recording. The procedure is simple and easy to follow whether you’re using the integrated Lenovo Vantage app or a third-party screen recording tool. You can start recording your screen in no time with a little effort. Try it out and see what you can come up with!